GDPR - Policy
Your personal data is very important and there is a range of relevant laws in place to
ensure that it is safeguarded (the most important being the General Data Protection
Regulations or “GDPR”). Irish Whiskey & Spirits institute is committed to protecting
your personal data and complying with those laws.
In practice, this means that all personal data which we hold about you will be:
- used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not
used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- relevant to the purposes we have told you about
- accurate and kept up to date
- kept securely
any information that you give us including when using this website.
What Information we collect about you and how it is used
You may give us personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by
post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website: when contacting us
we request your name, telephone number and email address - this information is
used to respond to your request for further information on our services
- Social Media: information that you provide to us on our Social Media pages, such
as Facebook, Twitter and Linked-In.
- order details: information that you provide in relation to an order or a product you
- transaction details: details of transactions which you undertake with us (whether
through our website or otherwise) and of the fulfilment of your orders (such as your
delivery address and financial details).
- WSET (Wines Sprits Education Trust): require information if you sit their exams and
courses, which we collect and pass it to them – here is a link to their privacy